Guthy Renker - VITACLEAR VITAMINS

I will never order through Guthy-Renker again.I have tried multiple times to cancel my order through them for Pro-Active and some vitamins that I never received but they keep telling me that there is nothing I can do.

I now have to change my credit card information so that I can stop the charges against my account. THEY ARE AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!! My account was overdrawn and they just keep saying to refuse product when it is delivered but the products have never even been delivered.

Does anyone know what can be done to stop this from happening to someone else?The customer service department is a joke.

11957cd4 review #158314
34 44 Helpful?
Had the same issue12 Comments57
Had an experience with Guthy Renker?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan

Feb 17 Jacksonville, Florida

When ordering Proactiv 3 step, I had the option to add the Vitaclear vitamins to my order for FREE. I recieved my vitamins with my proactiv order.
It's been a month and today I found the Vitaclear vitamins on my door step. I did not plan on keeping the orders coming. They sent me a 90 day supply, which came out to be around $100(paid over the course of 3 months)
I called and complained, because I never agreed to continue with the vitamins. The woman said it was no problem, reimbursed my credit card, canceled the next orders and told me to keep the 90 day supply of vitamins.
She also said it was "added by mistake" and that she knew I didn't try to keep the orders coming. Seems like this whole brand had a TON of those miscommunications.
It happened to me with proactiv products before.
ALWAYS check your order summaries of you are going to continue purchasing ANYTHING from this company. They are really good at "sneaking" items into your order and charging. However, I was very please with the coustomer service I recieved today. I figured it would be an on going event. I'm sorry everyone's having such a hard time with this. Keep calling and complaining. Hopefully it will work out!

Mar 25 Stockton, California

Could you please tell me what number you called.

Nov 04, 2014

I keep trying to call all the numbers that people are posting and keep getting an automated message that "the mailbox hasn't been set up yet" I can't even get through to anyone to cancel! Stay away!

anon

Oct 18, 2014

I have called them twice. The second time she assured me she was cancelling my "subscription" and my money would be refunded. Also, I would get a confirmation email which I have never received. They have charged me for three shipments. I received one which I returned. The other two never came. I have not been refunded my money. Not only will I never order anything from them or Proactiv again but I am going to find the name and email address of the Guthy Renker CEO and contact them. This is FRAUD.

Sep 09, 2014

Look at this website and call the customer representative right now and tell them to cancel all orders.

Denie

Jul 10, 2014 Port Jefferson Station, New York

I am going through the same problem now. I returned vitamins and they are still charging my account. I just had to put a stop with the bank on any future charges.
There customer service is terrible. They tell me it can take up to 2 months for a return to go through. Stay far away from this rip off company.

2 0 Reply
peopleagainstthieves

Nov 17, 2013 Brevard, North Carolina

This company has never been honest and never will be honest to anyone...i used to workfor them and believe this...if u think they treat their customers like ***....they treated us employees worse especially if we spoke up. I also noticed when i got my w2, that they cheated me out of comission by hundreds of dollars. Good thing i was advised to keep track of every penny. They train you to lie and apologise repeatedly and dont put care in customers requests. Tell everyone you know not to buy any product video or excercise equip from this company...boycott it. And btw their employees are not screened for ur cc info...so no back ground checks they hire anyone! And ttheir call centers are in Brevard,NC. And Covinton,LA. And India. Spread the word.

Nene

Nov 15, 2013

To me! I will never do bussiness with Proactive watch your credit card balance.

EasyPeasy!

Jun 24, 2013 San Francisco, California

I was totally ready for that to be a *** show, but I just called them and told them clearly that I didn't want the product, never ordered it, I wanted to return it for a full refund and cancel any future shipments.

They immediately said sure, we'll send you a shipping label and then refund your money, and you won't receive any further shipments.

I think the number of complaints they were getting must have made them stop scamming people, but I'll come back and let you know if it doesn't work out...

CostlyMistake

Sep 12, 2013 San Francisco, California

Did it work out for you? Did you get the refund and were you charged any additional amounts after the cancellation?
Thanks :)
I found myself in the same boat as many people here and hope dealing with them won't be too terrible. Guess lesson learned the hard way.

Vitacleared

Mar 28, 2013 Washington, District Of Columbia

Call the 18008133552 number. Tell them taking the pills makes you nauseous. They will transfer you and ask a bunch of questions: how long did you take it, how long did it make you nauseous, when did you stop, are you taking any other prescriptions (I refused to answer that one), etc. Then they cancelled my account and sent me a return shipping label to return the second pack of vitamins that I received. They say they will credit my account when I return that shipment. It was not had to cancel at all.

peopleagainstthieves

Nov 17, 2013 Brevard, North Carolina

Never give them personal info there are NO doctors nurses or any experienced person. Its just another employee acting like aexpert. I wrkd there. They got 50cents more and they sat right next to us we just transfered ur call.

upset

Feb 12, 2013 Davis, California

I too, ordered the 30 day free trial and called to cancel any future shipments about a month ago but yet the next month they charged me $47. I called again to find out what is going on and apparently just because i cancelled one product, the other does not get cancelled even though they are in the same order. I asked or a refund and they said to send it back as soon as i get it and that i would get my money back MINUS the shipping cost, and on top of that i had to pay to ship it BACK to them. This is outrageous, any other company would refund the shipping also and in order to keep the consumer happy. Guthy Renker is a money hungry company that needs to be shut down, obviously there are a huge number of unhappy costumers and nothing is being done. This is not just a matter of money even though i am a poor college student, this is a matter of principle. They're taking advantage of their customers and ripping us off. END GUTHY RENKER NOW.

sscederquist

Jan 31, 2013 Huntington Beach, California

DO NOT ORDER THE FREE TRIAL!
I currently have tried canceling this product 4 times and have been billed every time, had to change my account information even! & still they sent me to collections for a product I never received

John

Oct 31, 2012

Same has happened with me, I filed an official complaint with BBB (Better Business Bureau) and they got me a full credit refund, I suggest to everyone to do the same. We need to put these type of "scam" companies out of business

harrison

Sep 20, 2012

vitaclear vitamins (c/o guthy renker) has also tried charging me for a 2nd bottle that i returned and have been charge with and now it is in the hands of a collection agency ( sko brenner american, inc. ). as i am in the process of resolving this issue, VV has told me that it is out of their hands and thewy cannot resolve this issue regarding this outstanding debt, and have just refered back to the collections.
it is my understanding that VV has their own in-house collections agency, and this is their way of receiving payments. why else would they say we cannot help you and try to work it out with the agency .... Its A Scam. call and dont be afraid to explain your side of the story and Demand an explainaton and research to when a product has been returned and not received, that is their excuse. i told them, "if you can track an item and kno that i received it, and can do tha same if i resent this package and it got back to your facility and has been returned unopened". stand up customers and dont take this abuse. :)

SCAM

Sep 18, 2012

Horrible , horrible!!! Charging ppls card without permission... BURN IN ***!!!

Kim

Sep 08, 2012

I am sorry but, no offence to anyone but, why would you give your card number for FREE vitamins. Obviously they are not FREE and there is a catch!

Allison

Sep 07, 2012

I had the same issue with them still charging me over and over even though I had returned the product. When months later they still had not given me a refund I filed a complaint with the BBB. And guess what? Got a refund for everything except 8 dollars in shipping two days later. Good luck on yours.

JJudah

Jul 17, 2012

Do not sign up for the free 30 day trial!!!! Ive called and cancelled this product three times!!! What a mess!!! I got the free trial when I signed up online for proactive, I cancelled my proactive account a few weeks later because I could no longer afford it thinking the vitamins were cancelled at the same time because they were listed on my proactive account right next to my proactive kit, Ithought that was it, done deal. Right? Nope!! I get charged a few weeks later 47.57 and sent more vitamins when I called this time they said that I can't cancel the vitamins through proactive and I had to do so through vita clear so I did and I told them to take my billing information off my cancelled account and they said if I send back the vitamins they'll send me a check in the mail, a month later I got a letter saying I was past due on a payment and I owe them 59.90, when I called totally confused they said that it was a mistake I don't owe them anything a month after that I received another letter saying this was my second past due notice, afraid of this going to collections and ruining my credit I called them again and they said that I had owed them for the vitamins that they sent me ( the ones that they already charged me for by debiting my bank account) but that I don't owe them anymore because they just received the vitamins I sent back and that they'll debit my account back the cost of the vitamins... What?!?? So confused everytime I call I'm told something different, what an... Show more

1-20 of 57 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.